Thursday, November 13, 2008

Olivia Dunham -Fringe-

Olivia Dunham-Joey Mason

Here's my go at portraying Anna Torv, aka Olivia Dunham... the heroine of Fringe, my favorite show of the season.

Fringe has a great mix of sci-fi intrigue and lightheartedness that makes it a lot of fun, but then again, I am a fan of most anything J.J. Abrams and crew have done to date.

Once again he has cast a female lead with a signature quirkiness; Sidney (Jennifer Garner) had that angry, I'm about to either cry and/or kill you look, and Anna's got this weird uncomfortable smirking and awkward posture that she somehow manages to pull off and still be attractive. I'm sure it will go into full force once her father shows up, or Walter turns bad, or whatever they've got waiting for us.

Anyway, hopefully I caught a little of the quirky smirk here. This is kind of where I'd like my illustrations to go, adding more levels of tone but ultimately still cartoony shapes. Whatcha think?

1 comment:

Scott said...

Other than her left hand, I like it. Great show too.